Skip to main content

NAFDAC seals 18 warehouses over expired products in Niger


The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) said it sealed 18 warehouses in Bida, following the discovery of large quantities of expired food and beverage products.

A statement by the agency’s Resident Media Consultant, Mr Olusayo Akintola, said that the warehouses were located around Ndazabo White House along Minna Road, behind Bida Modern Market in Niger state.

Akintola said that the warehouses were shut after NAFDAC’s Investigation and Enforcement team acted on credible intelligence.

He said that the items recovered during the raid included expired non-alcoholic beverages, dairy milk, candies, bottled water and pasta valued at N100 million.

He said that some of those items were already packaged for distribution, including 80,000 packets of expired non-alcoholic drinks, 5,000 packets of dairy milk, 16,000 packets of bottled water, 28 cartons of pasta and other assorted expired products.

The statement noted that other assorted expired products were uncovered during the operation, and that the managers of the affected warehouses were arrested for interrogation.

He said that preliminary findings linked the facilities to a company identified as BY Ventures, which prompted NAFDAC officials to extend their operation to supermarkets owned by the same company in Minna.

Akintola said that additional expired products and counterfeit Goya oil were allegedly found, and that the supermarkets involved in the sales were equally sealed.

He said that the Managing Director of the company, Alhaji Yusuf Nadabo, was invited for further questioning, and he admitted ownership of the expired products during interrogation.

Akintola, however, stated that NAFDAC investigation was still ongoing and that appropriate regulatory sanctions would be imposed at the conclusion of the exercise to serve as a deterrent to others.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking: ASUU suspends 2-week warning strike

The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has suspended its two-week warning strike it declared last week across all public universities in the country. The union announced the suspension on Wednesday at a press conference held at its headquarters in Abuja. President of ASUU, Chris Piwuna, who read a prepared speech before newsmen, explained that the development followed intervention by the Senate and some other well-meaning Nigerians. However, he sad the National Executive Council of the Union resolved to give the government a one-month window to address all contending areas.

JUST IN: If Tinubu Had Told Me, I Wouldn’t Have Agreed To Rivers State Of Emergency Rule – Wike

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has stated that he would not have agreed with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu if he had discussed his move to declare a State of Emergency in Rivers State. Wike noted that he is not in conflict with the suspended Rivers State Governor,      Sim Fubara  He stressed his opposition on the State of Emergency rule, stating that only the President knows the right time to lift it. While speaking to journalists in Abuja on Monday, Wike remarked that Fubara has permitted himself to be manipulated by his adversaries to oppose him. The FCT Minister said: “ I made it clear that this impunity will not stand, so what is happening in PDP is what I call undertakers because I see no reason why you will put yourself under that kind of crisis. “I don’t have any crisis with him (Fubara). I’m not the President who declared a State of Emergency; if Mr President had called me, I wouldn’t have agreed to the State of Emergenc...

Woman Burned to Death, Accused of Kidnapping 7yrs Old Boy in Delta

By Tessy ogbemi An angry mob set ablaze a woman accused in a failed child kidnapping attempt in Agbarho community, Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State.  The incident happened on Wednesday, September 24, 2025.  An eyewitness disclosed at the scene of the incident at Ekwvere Road claimed that the woman hid the seven year old boy she allegedly abducted in a sack, adding that she was even carrying a Bible on one hand.  Community sources said some residents in the area accosted the lady when they observed the way she was dragging the sack, to know what she had in it.  "She was unstable when they asked her to disclose what she was carrying in the sack. When the bag was forced open, they found a seven year old child in it. They shouted and it attracted a large crowd,” a source said.  It was gathered that the angry mob immediately brought a used tyre to the scene, which they forced down her neck after beating her to a pulp.  “The lady and the tyre we...