Skip to main content

Troops neutralise two terrorists, recover weapons in Ondo


Troops of the 32 Artillery Brigade of the Nigerian Army have neutralised two terrorists during a tactical operation conducted along Akunu–Auga road in Akoko North-East Local Government Area of Ondo State.

Maj. Irabor Njoka, Assistant Director, Army Public Relations, 32 Artillery Brigade, made this known in a statement on Monday in Akure.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Njoka said the operation was carried out on Feb. 14 by troops deployed at the Forward Operating Base (FOB), Auga.

He explained that the troops, acting on credible intelligence on the movement of the criminals within the area, swiftly mobilised and intercepted the suspects.

Njoka said that the troops’ interception of the criminals led to a firefight that resulted in neutralising two of the terrorists, while others fled with gunshot wounds.

“The operation was carried out in conjunction with personnel of Ondo State Security Network Agency and local vigilantes.

“Items recovered from the encounter with the criminals include one AK-47 rifle with two magazines and 61 rounds of ammunition,

“Also, three mobile handsets, a jackknife, a torchlight, suspected illicit drugs, charms and the sum of N39,000, among other personal effects,” he said.

He said that the success of the operation highlighted the Nigerian Army’s unwavering resolve to deny criminals freedom of action and movement, as well as to protect lives and property across the state.

“The Brigade will continue to sustain aggressive clearance and exploitation operations, intensify patrols along identified criminal corridors, and strengthen collaboration with other security agencies and local stakeholders to ensure a secured environment for residents,” he said.

He urged members of the public to continue to provide timely and credible information to security agencies, saying public cooperation remains critical to the ongoing efforts to rid the state of criminals. (NAN)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking: ASUU suspends 2-week warning strike

The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has suspended its two-week warning strike it declared last week across all public universities in the country. The union announced the suspension on Wednesday at a press conference held at its headquarters in Abuja. President of ASUU, Chris Piwuna, who read a prepared speech before newsmen, explained that the development followed intervention by the Senate and some other well-meaning Nigerians. However, he sad the National Executive Council of the Union resolved to give the government a one-month window to address all contending areas.

JUST IN: If Tinubu Had Told Me, I Wouldn’t Have Agreed To Rivers State Of Emergency Rule – Wike

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has stated that he would not have agreed with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu if he had discussed his move to declare a State of Emergency in Rivers State. Wike noted that he is not in conflict with the suspended Rivers State Governor,      Sim Fubara  He stressed his opposition on the State of Emergency rule, stating that only the President knows the right time to lift it. While speaking to journalists in Abuja on Monday, Wike remarked that Fubara has permitted himself to be manipulated by his adversaries to oppose him. The FCT Minister said: “ I made it clear that this impunity will not stand, so what is happening in PDP is what I call undertakers because I see no reason why you will put yourself under that kind of crisis. “I don’t have any crisis with him (Fubara). I’m not the President who declared a State of Emergency; if Mr President had called me, I wouldn’t have agreed to the State of Emergenc...

Woman Burned to Death, Accused of Kidnapping 7yrs Old Boy in Delta

By Tessy ogbemi An angry mob set ablaze a woman accused in a failed child kidnapping attempt in Agbarho community, Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State.  The incident happened on Wednesday, September 24, 2025.  An eyewitness disclosed at the scene of the incident at Ekwvere Road claimed that the woman hid the seven year old boy she allegedly abducted in a sack, adding that she was even carrying a Bible on one hand.  Community sources said some residents in the area accosted the lady when they observed the way she was dragging the sack, to know what she had in it.  "She was unstable when they asked her to disclose what she was carrying in the sack. When the bag was forced open, they found a seven year old child in it. They shouted and it attracted a large crowd,” a source said.  It was gathered that the angry mob immediately brought a used tyre to the scene, which they forced down her neck after beating her to a pulp.  “The lady and the tyre we...