Skip to main content

Lent, Ramadan: Police begin 24-hour patrol in Plateau


Plateau State Police Command on Friday said it has commenced intensive 24-hour surveillance and patrol operations throughout the 17 local government areas of the state to ensure a hitch-free observance of the Christian Lenten season and the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

The Commissioner of Police in the state, CP Bassey Ewah, gave the directive in a statement made available to our correspondent and signed by the command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Alfred Alabo.

The statement reads that “This is aimed at boosting visible policing, discouraging criminal elements from taking advantage of the festive periods, and maintaining law and order across communities.

CP Ewah also ordered the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of Operations, Area Commanders, Divisional Police Officers, and tactical team leaders to swiftly deploy officers and equipment to key flashpoints, vulnerable spots, and strategic locations.

The State Intelligence Department has equally been tasked with stepping up intelligence collection, ensuring quick response readiness, and closely watching movements of people and vehicles in and out of the state.

To prevent possible infiltration by criminals through unguarded borders, special deployments have been made at major exit points and border communities.

While addressing senior officers, the CP highlighted the need for sustained and proactive patrols to ward off opportunistic crimes that often spike during religious celebrations.

He charged personnel to exhibit utmost professionalism, discipline, and respect for citizens’ rights in all interactions.

CP Ewah strongly cautioned against any acts of misconduct that could damage public trust in the police.

He restated the policy prohibiting officers from searching citizens’ mobile phones on the road without a court order, urging anyone with such complaints to report immediately via the provided channels.

The command called on residents, community leaders, religious bodies, and commercial transport operators to stay alert and furnish security agencies with accurate, timely information on any suspicious developments.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking: ASUU suspends 2-week warning strike

The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has suspended its two-week warning strike it declared last week across all public universities in the country. The union announced the suspension on Wednesday at a press conference held at its headquarters in Abuja. President of ASUU, Chris Piwuna, who read a prepared speech before newsmen, explained that the development followed intervention by the Senate and some other well-meaning Nigerians. However, he sad the National Executive Council of the Union resolved to give the government a one-month window to address all contending areas.

JUST IN: If Tinubu Had Told Me, I Wouldn’t Have Agreed To Rivers State Of Emergency Rule – Wike

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has stated that he would not have agreed with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu if he had discussed his move to declare a State of Emergency in Rivers State. Wike noted that he is not in conflict with the suspended Rivers State Governor,      Sim Fubara  He stressed his opposition on the State of Emergency rule, stating that only the President knows the right time to lift it. While speaking to journalists in Abuja on Monday, Wike remarked that Fubara has permitted himself to be manipulated by his adversaries to oppose him. The FCT Minister said: “ I made it clear that this impunity will not stand, so what is happening in PDP is what I call undertakers because I see no reason why you will put yourself under that kind of crisis. “I don’t have any crisis with him (Fubara). I’m not the President who declared a State of Emergency; if Mr President had called me, I wouldn’t have agreed to the State of Emergenc...

Woman Burned to Death, Accused of Kidnapping 7yrs Old Boy in Delta

By Tessy ogbemi An angry mob set ablaze a woman accused in a failed child kidnapping attempt in Agbarho community, Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State.  The incident happened on Wednesday, September 24, 2025.  An eyewitness disclosed at the scene of the incident at Ekwvere Road claimed that the woman hid the seven year old boy she allegedly abducted in a sack, adding that she was even carrying a Bible on one hand.  Community sources said some residents in the area accosted the lady when they observed the way she was dragging the sack, to know what she had in it.  "She was unstable when they asked her to disclose what she was carrying in the sack. When the bag was forced open, they found a seven year old child in it. They shouted and it attracted a large crowd,” a source said.  It was gathered that the angry mob immediately brought a used tyre to the scene, which they forced down her neck after beating her to a pulp.  “The lady and the tyre we...