Skip to main content

Posts

Tinubu to visit s-south, s-east May – Presidency reveals

The Minister of Works, Engr David Umahi, has revealed that President Bola Tinubu would visit the South-South and South-Eastern parts of the country on the 12th of May, 2026. Umahi spoke after inspecting the Aba-Port Harcourt Motorway Abia State section and Eleme Axis of the East-West road in Rivers and said the visit would be to inaugurate the projects that would be completed in April. The minister said the federal government has intensified work on key highway projects across the South-South, with several strategic corridors slated for commissioning by President Tinubu during his planned visit to the regions in May. The project includes the 43-kilometre dualisation of the Aba–Port Harcourt highway, a critical economic artery linking Abia and Rivers states, which officials say will be substantially ready by April. Umahi said the project, handled by China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC), is at 90 per cent completion, adding that the project reportedly was stalled for ...
Recent posts

Ijaw Publishers' Forum celebrates Victor Isereke PhD on Birth Anniversary

The Ijaw Publishers' Forum, IPF has celebrated Comrade Victor Isereke PhD, a prominent philanthropist, a humanitarian, politician, and youth leader, on the occasion of his birthday.  In a statement by its national president Comrade Ozobo Austin, said Isereke's dedication to youth development, community and humanitarian services has inspired many, with his silent achievements showcasing his character and commitment to making a difference.  "As a respected leader, he has demonstrated that passion and perseverance can drive positive change", the statement reads. The statement acknowledged his tireless efforts in creating opportunities for youths in Niger Delta region and beyond. The forum wished Isereke continued success, joy, and fulfillment, hoping his legacy would inspire more young people to follow in his footsteps.

Why El-Rufai honoured EFCC’s invitation

Abuja — Former Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai, on Monday arrived at the headquarters of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in Abuja to honour an invitation over corruption allegations linked to his tenure in office. The EFCC invitation, issued in December 2025, is part of ongoing investigations into claims of financial misconduct during his administration, including allegations involving about N432 billion. The probe is being conducted in collaboration with the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), before which El-Rufai is also expected to appear on Wednesday, February 18. His legal team had earlier notified the EFCC that he would report at 10 a.m., explaining that he was outside the country when the initial summons was sent. Brief Tension Tension briefly flared at the EFCC headquarters as pro- and anti-El-Rufai demonstrators confronted one another outside the anti-graft agency. Security personnel reportedly restricted acces...

Troops neutralise two terrorists, recover weapons in Ondo

Troops of the 32 Artillery Brigade of the Nigerian Army have neutralised two terrorists during a tactical operation conducted along Akunu–Auga road in Akoko North-East Local Government Area of Ondo State. Maj. Irabor Njoka, Assistant Director, Army Public Relations, 32 Artillery Brigade, made this known in a statement on Monday in Akure. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Njoka said the operation was carried out on Feb. 14 by troops deployed at the Forward Operating Base (FOB), Auga. He explained that the troops, acting on credible intelligence on the movement of the criminals within the area, swiftly mobilised and intercepted the suspects. Njoka said that the troops’ interception of the criminals led to a firefight that resulted in neutralising two of the terrorists, while others fled with gunshot wounds. “The operation was carried out in conjunction with personnel of Ondo State Security Network Agency and local vigilantes. “Items recovered from the encounter with the criminals i...

I'll Be President But I stand for PBAT and Gov Oborevwori's Re-election 2027--Orubebe, Ex-Minister

FORMER Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Elder Godsday Orubebe says  he would be President of Nigeria by God's grace but stressed he would join leaders across Delta State to campaign for President Bola Tinubu and Governor Sheriff Oborovweri's re-election in 2027.  Orubebe spoke, recently, at his country home at Ogbubagbene where he played host to the Bulou Kosin-led Ijaw Journalists Association Worldwide (IJAW). Expressing satisfaction at Oborevwori's performance so far, Orubebe stated: "When I recently drove  from Ughelli to Asaba, I couldn't believe it. That is a road previous governments in the state could not complete. He came and he completed it". "I see the good road infrastructure and the fly-over bridges in Warri. Now he has awarded  other fly-over bridges in Ughelli and Agbor. He is touching everywhere in the state. So his determination to develop the state, I have seen it", Orubebe stated, stressing: "I am joining other lead...

Breaking: Tinubu arrives in Kebbi, commissions state secretariat

President Bola Tinubu has arrived in Birnin Kebbi, capital of Kebbi State, and commissioned the state secretariat. The president also commissioned an ultra-modern motor park in Birnin Kebbi as he is expected at the fishing arena any moment. High-profile guests include state governors from Sokoto and others who will accompany the president to the fishing arena to officially kick-start the international fishing festival. Meanwhile, the fishing arena is full to the brim with anxious spectators and foreign journalists from China, India and other West African press.

UNIBEN students protest lack of water, light in hostel

BENIN CITY – EARLY morning callers at the Ekheuan Campus of the University of Benin were stranded on Saturday morning as students of the University blocked the entrance gate over power outage and lack of water for the past three days. Workers of the University, operators of businesses including several people who had several social engagements in the various spaces in the compound who had come with their canopies, chairs and other needs were stranded. The students said they have been without light and water for the past three days and that last night an unknown person armed with a cutlass tried to enter the girls hostel and that he inflicted a bite injury on a student while trying to escape. “For you to have your bath is like getting a hold in this campus” a student said. Another student who gave his name as Prosper said “We have been in this situation for the past three days, no light, no water yet we have paid our fees including several other charges that have been increased since th...