Skip to main content

JAMB shuts 2026 UTME registration February 26 as 1.5m candidates enrol


The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has declared that there will be no extension of the registration deadline for the 2026 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), warning prospective candidates to complete their enrolment before February 26 or risk missing the examination.

In a firm notice issued on Tuesday, the Board announced that the sale of e-PINs, a mandatory requirement for registration, will close at 12:00 midnight on Thursday, February 26, 2026.

Registration at accredited Computer-Based Test (CBT) centres for candidates who have already purchased their e-PINs will end two days later, on Saturday, February 28, 2026.

As of February 17, JAMB disclosed that over 1.5 million candidates have successfully registered nationwide.

Despite this impressive figure, the Board revealed that registration centres across the country are operating at barely 30 per cent of their daily capacity, raising concerns that many eligible candidates are yet to take advantage of the ongoing exercise.

JAMB noted that it has the capacity to register 100,000 candidates daily, a figure that significantly exceeds the current turnout at centres nationwide.

“The Board wishes to clearly state that there will be no extension of the registration deadline,” the statement emphasised.

According to JAMB, its examination timetable is part of a nationally coordinated calendar agreed upon by all examination bodies in Nigeria.

The UTME registration window was carefully structured to ensure a seamless transition to other public examination exercises scheduled to follow.

“Consequently, there is no available window for any extension, even if the Board were inclined to consider one,” it said.

The examination body warned that candidates who delay registration until the final days may encounter avoidable challenges and stressed that it would not entertain appeals once the deadline lapses.

JAMB described the early warning as a proactive measure to ensure that no serious candidate is shut out of the examination process due to procrastination.

With just days to the vending deadline, the Board urged all prospective candidates to obtain their e-PINs immediately and proceed to accredited centres to complete their registration.

“All prospective candidates are urged to act now,” the statement concluded.

The 2026 UTME is expected to attract millions of applicants seeking admission into Nigeria’s tertiary institutions, making adherence to the registration timeline crucial for aspirants nationwide.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking: ASUU suspends 2-week warning strike

The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has suspended its two-week warning strike it declared last week across all public universities in the country. The union announced the suspension on Wednesday at a press conference held at its headquarters in Abuja. President of ASUU, Chris Piwuna, who read a prepared speech before newsmen, explained that the development followed intervention by the Senate and some other well-meaning Nigerians. However, he sad the National Executive Council of the Union resolved to give the government a one-month window to address all contending areas.

JUST IN: If Tinubu Had Told Me, I Wouldn’t Have Agreed To Rivers State Of Emergency Rule – Wike

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has stated that he would not have agreed with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu if he had discussed his move to declare a State of Emergency in Rivers State. Wike noted that he is not in conflict with the suspended Rivers State Governor,      Sim Fubara  He stressed his opposition on the State of Emergency rule, stating that only the President knows the right time to lift it. While speaking to journalists in Abuja on Monday, Wike remarked that Fubara has permitted himself to be manipulated by his adversaries to oppose him. The FCT Minister said: “ I made it clear that this impunity will not stand, so what is happening in PDP is what I call undertakers because I see no reason why you will put yourself under that kind of crisis. “I don’t have any crisis with him (Fubara). I’m not the President who declared a State of Emergency; if Mr President had called me, I wouldn’t have agreed to the State of Emergenc...

Woman Burned to Death, Accused of Kidnapping 7yrs Old Boy in Delta

By Tessy ogbemi An angry mob set ablaze a woman accused in a failed child kidnapping attempt in Agbarho community, Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State.  The incident happened on Wednesday, September 24, 2025.  An eyewitness disclosed at the scene of the incident at Ekwvere Road claimed that the woman hid the seven year old boy she allegedly abducted in a sack, adding that she was even carrying a Bible on one hand.  Community sources said some residents in the area accosted the lady when they observed the way she was dragging the sack, to know what she had in it.  "She was unstable when they asked her to disclose what she was carrying in the sack. When the bag was forced open, they found a seven year old child in it. They shouted and it attracted a large crowd,” a source said.  It was gathered that the angry mob immediately brought a used tyre to the scene, which they forced down her neck after beating her to a pulp.  “The lady and the tyre we...