Skip to main content

I'll Be President But I stand for PBAT and Gov Oborevwori's Re-election 2027--Orubebe, Ex-Minister


FORMER Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Elder Godsday Orubebe says  he would be President of Nigeria by God's grace but stressed he would join leaders across Delta State to campaign for President Bola Tinubu and Governor Sheriff Oborovweri's re-election in 2027. 

Orubebe spoke, recently, at his country home at Ogbubagbene where he played host to the Bulou Kosin-led Ijaw Journalists Association Worldwide (IJAW).

Expressing satisfaction at Oborevwori's performance so far, Orubebe stated: "When I recently drove  from Ughelli to Asaba, I couldn't believe it. That is a road previous governments in the state could not complete. He came and he completed it".

"I see the good road infrastructure and the fly-over bridges in Warri. Now he has awarded  other fly-over bridges in Ughelli and Agbor. He is touching everywhere in the state. So his determination to develop the state, I have seen it", Orubebe stated, stressing: "I am joining other leaders to support Governor Oborevwori for a second term".

Insisting Oborevwori is settled choice for him for 2027, Orubebe stated: 
"I appealed to Governor Oborevwori about the Bomadi-Ohorhor road which I couldn't work through before I left office as Minister to contest governorship. He promised he would do it and today, we have that road, done. I told Governor Oborevwori to please do the Bomadi-Ndoro road. He has put it in this 2026 budget. I told him about  bringing 33KVA electric power line to Bomadi for distribution to communities this way".

"I have told him about a Delta State government-owned University in Ijaw land. He told me he will make a study and get back to me. I quickly informed him I was building a Skills Acquisition Centre in Tuomo which can become the take-off point, with injection of little funds to complete it. I spoke to him about the Ayakoromo Bridge and I hear work is going on there. So over the period, I came to see Governor Sheriff Oborevwori as a man that will listen to logical reasoning", Orubebe declared. 

Asserting that in 2031, the governorship seat would shift to Delta South Senatorial District, Orubebe expressed optimism that leaders and political stakeholders from the district would consult widely to produce a similarly visionary and people-oriented governor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking: ASUU suspends 2-week warning strike

The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has suspended its two-week warning strike it declared last week across all public universities in the country. The union announced the suspension on Wednesday at a press conference held at its headquarters in Abuja. President of ASUU, Chris Piwuna, who read a prepared speech before newsmen, explained that the development followed intervention by the Senate and some other well-meaning Nigerians. However, he sad the National Executive Council of the Union resolved to give the government a one-month window to address all contending areas.

JUST IN: If Tinubu Had Told Me, I Wouldn’t Have Agreed To Rivers State Of Emergency Rule – Wike

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has stated that he would not have agreed with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu if he had discussed his move to declare a State of Emergency in Rivers State. Wike noted that he is not in conflict with the suspended Rivers State Governor,      Sim Fubara  He stressed his opposition on the State of Emergency rule, stating that only the President knows the right time to lift it. While speaking to journalists in Abuja on Monday, Wike remarked that Fubara has permitted himself to be manipulated by his adversaries to oppose him. The FCT Minister said: “ I made it clear that this impunity will not stand, so what is happening in PDP is what I call undertakers because I see no reason why you will put yourself under that kind of crisis. “I don’t have any crisis with him (Fubara). I’m not the President who declared a State of Emergency; if Mr President had called me, I wouldn’t have agreed to the State of Emergenc...

Woman Burned to Death, Accused of Kidnapping 7yrs Old Boy in Delta

By Tessy ogbemi An angry mob set ablaze a woman accused in a failed child kidnapping attempt in Agbarho community, Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State.  The incident happened on Wednesday, September 24, 2025.  An eyewitness disclosed at the scene of the incident at Ekwvere Road claimed that the woman hid the seven year old boy she allegedly abducted in a sack, adding that she was even carrying a Bible on one hand.  Community sources said some residents in the area accosted the lady when they observed the way she was dragging the sack, to know what she had in it.  "She was unstable when they asked her to disclose what she was carrying in the sack. When the bag was forced open, they found a seven year old child in it. They shouted and it attracted a large crowd,” a source said.  It was gathered that the angry mob immediately brought a used tyre to the scene, which they forced down her neck after beating her to a pulp.  “The lady and the tyre we...